Are you in the intermodal transportation industry and are interested in learning more about container freight stations? Keep on reading to discover some key insights.
CFS – The Core Aspects You Need to Know
- A CFS is a special warehouse where cargo is consolidated or deconsolidated and then staged for the next transport leg by a group of transportation professionals
- There are two types of container freight stations – origin and destination CFS
- Origin CFS denotes the facility where the freight shipments are originally consolidated. The shipments then travel to a destination CFS
- At a destination CFS, the imported freight is devanned from the container and then packaged for its next round of transport to the end client domestically
- Exported LCL (less than container load) freight is packaged and consolidated into containers for FCL (full container load) shipment, and then the full containers are trucked to port for export
- A CFS is commonly located near oceans, lakes, ports, major highways, and airports, allowing for different means of cargo travel
WDS Has 3 Great Container Freight Stations in Ohio!
We are happy to offer container freight stations throughout Ohio, conveniently located in the major population centers of:
Who Is WDS?
World Distribution Services has recently moved from Cleveland to a new headquarters in Columbus, Ohio and operates a variety of facilities in major cities from coast to coast.
On top of having CFS capabilities, we are also experts in warehousing, distribution, local and nationwide transportation, and out-of-gauge services.
Get to know us better by checking out a few of the additional articles we have written for the container freight station industry listed below:
Learn More About Our CFS Locations Today
Be sure to contact the nearest location to you to get more in-depth details on how we can help your business with container freight stationing.